Saturday, October 19, 2013

foundation complete


Our foundation is finally complete. Yay!  And as Richie put it "ready for sticks". 
The other night Richie and I went out in the dark basically (it gets dark so early now) and put hay all around the lot to soak up all of the rain we will get. We were also so excited to see that the basement is ground level and will really walk out onto what will be some part of a lawn/patio so now our minds are thinking as we can change the design of the decks somewhat...we will probably wait until the last thing to figure that out but that is a big plus. A not so big plus that we also realized is that the guide wire for the oh so lovely power pole is right in the way of our front entry...we were worried about this...ugh!  Sooo the next thing on the list is to get this figured out and fix it....hoping there is a way we can get the wire moved to the other side without spending a fortune. 
I also met with Canyon Creek cabinetry and am waiting to get that bid back....I love all of the drawings and of course we went all out with our ideas/wish list...so I'm sure we will be way over budget but it's a starting point and I am trying not to get my hopes up. But anyways... I'm loving this next step of working on the design of things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment