Tuesday, November 12, 2013

nautical baby shower

I did a nautical themed shower for a dear friend of mine. She has two beautiful girls that were the 7 and 3 when she surprisingly found out she was having another. She and her husband were both excited when they found out they were having a boy. Shannon and I were sorority sisters and right after our senior year of college Shannon and Matt got married and then moved to Oregon. A few years ago Matt's jog brought them back to Gig Harbor. I was so excited to get to spend more time with my friend and it was just in time for my wedding. I was also delighted to be able to throw a baby shower for her. 
We had the nautical themed shower at a Thai Food restaurant that had a nice back room area. It was small but we were a small group and it worked out perfectly. I borrowed some nautical items from two male teachers that have sailboats and love to sail....the boats, life ring, lanterns and some small figurines. They really helped with the decor. 

Each guest found their name in a jar of sand at their seat and a paper to write their wishes for Hudson. Each wish sheet was rolled it up and a ribbon was put around it like "a message in a bottle" (below) for Shannon to read to Hudson one day. 




The brick wall made for such a cool background. 

I found a wonderful alphabet sailboat book that each guest signed for Hudson. 

Salt water taffy for a favor...."Thank you for sailing the S.S. Hudson"

My mom has an embroidery business so I took advantage of that and had her embroider Hudson's name on the flags that we hung above the life ring. 




This picture was taken at Hudson's first birthday and going away party....missing my friend who is now living on the east coast....hopefully they come home soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment