Wednesday, August 5, 2015

ONE year cake smash photos!

Well my babies are 13.5 months now and I'm just getting around to going through all the photos (tear, tear). What an incredible year it's been. I knew for their 1st birthday I wanted to have in studio photos taken and so I searched high and low and found an amazing photographer...Alicen Lum Photography! I went to work and searched for and found outfits, ordered cakes, and thought about and created cake backgrounds. I have to admit that I spent hours and hours on Pinterest and Etsy planning...probably more than I'd like to admit. And of course I have to add all 25 color and black and white for a total of 50 because I just can't decide which I like best. :)










Romper and bows from Pink Paisley boutique on Etsy. 




















I bought the cakes from Sweet Cakes in Kirkland. I did quite a bit of research for cakes...a small 6 inch cake is not cheap. :) I knew that I wanted them to be this prefect for the pictures so I paid a little more, than Rich would have liked but they were prefect!! I made the banner on the cake and in the background. 


Chloe's outfit is from Kutie Tuties on Etsy, and Richie's if from Slick and Boogers on Etsy. 
I was so worried about all of these colors matching...especially with the blues because I think they are a little harder to match. I had a banner that I was already planning to use but when I got Richies outfit the blues were off (well somebody else would have told me I'm crazy but I'm so picky like that) so I ended up making different banners for the photos rather than using what I had. Then I matched the cake and balloons to the outfit as well. I think it turned out exactly how I was hoping. 






As you can see Richie hated the cake. He got a big handful of the frosting right at the start and he was not at all into it after that. I guess thats why these pictures are so cute. 


Chloe is such a little sweatheart! She loved the camera and the cake. 









1 comment: