Thursday, May 15, 2014

house update

Things are happening so quickly now and it's been a while since I've posted pictures. We've been buying things like crazy it feels like. We ordered our couch today (that will arrive in August geesh :)), door knobs chandeliers, our surface mounts, outdoor lights (working on the rest), deck post caps, stone, I got my powder room mirror in the mail and it goes on and on....oh and I think I finally have my marble picked out...what a task. 
We have a painted house...love the color...can't wait for the stone. 



Love my barn lights...outside on the main deck.

Lights next to the garage. :)

The decks are finished they look so nice and are so large. :) Love the white railing...waiting to get the post caps still. This is the main deck, and the area where we will later add stairs down to the lower deck. 


View from the other side of the main deck. 


We have power and lights. SO cool. Walls have also been painted. They are a grey color. At first it looked a little blue to us, its so hard to tell with nothing else in the house yet. I think I'm getting used to it now though. 

Floor tile for kids bath....oh I LOVE this. :)

Kids bath

Drawing on the wall in kids bath for the tile guys. :) (No I didn't do this but doesn't it look like something I would do?!)

LOVE

Laundry room floor...looks so good. 

Getting ready for tile in the master bath. 

Master bath drawing. 

Tile for the floor of the master shower and border on master floor. Oh SO pretty. 

Master bath floor...this is the same as the in the laundry....I love the look of the large tiles. 

Powder room. 

Cararra Hex tiles for the floor of the powder room shower. 

The sewer work is done, not without the neighbor calling the police though because some of her blackberry bushes were cleared out....oh gosh that was an interesting evening. Hopefully nothing comes of it. It leaves a bad feeling in your stomach though to know your neighbor is that neighbor and now you are on bad terms....hopefully things will be fine. I'm more worried about her mean girl teenage daughters...I couldn't believe them. 

Lower deck. 

Lower deck. 

Lower deck covered area and Richie. I think I have to stop calling him Richie now that I'm going to have a baby called Richie pretty soon. Weird. 

And another one of the lower deck. Can't get enough. 

Here you can see the paint and the areas where there will be wainscotting. 

The dining room...you can see the hardwood stacked. That will be installed soon. 

And....guess what...more deck pictures. :) This is the upper deck off the master. 

Upper deck again. 

The entry way. They are close to pouring the retaining wall and stairs down and driveway....that will change the look so much. 

And finally all 22 of our very tall doors. 

So many fun changes happening daily. We are getting closer and closer.
On my to do list for this week...
* finish picking out and buy lights
* finalize marble counters 
* cabinet pulls 
* wall paper for powder 
I think that's it but I'm sure there are many other things I'm not thinking of. 




2 comments:

  1. It's looking SO good Michelle! Oh my word - LOVE the dark paint color you chose. It's so striking with the pops of white! And those decks! And that view!! Seriously so beautiful. What a dream home. So happy for you! (I'm a huge fan of little hexagons too.) :)

    ReplyDelete