Friday, December 27, 2013

yellow and blue baby boy shower

I threw a shower for one of my closest friends...Amy and I have been friends since high school. Her sister Haley who is married to my brother threw this shower with me. We had it at my home which is fairly small and the guest list was quite large but it all worked out. 
Caramel corn for the favor. I designed and printed the labels on the computer. My mom made her delicious caramel corn for us. 

The favors sat with the desserts. Amy's mom made all of the desserts. 

I covered the artwork on my wall with blue fabric and hung the bunting. I think it turned out so cute. 

Love Chevron. For drinks we served white wine and mimosas. 

The food table. It was a Sunday morning brunch. We had crock pot potatoes, mini quiche, fruit salad, sausage egg casserole, and french toast casserole (which isn't on the table yet)....funny story about that....a switch got tripped in the kitchen and the oven wouldn't work so my husband had to take the casserole to his friends down the street. Oh gosh... we found the switch later behind our bread basket. 


I was so excited to make these carnation balls, that sat on top of  candle holders. I soaked round (green) foam balls in water then cut white carnations off their stems and stuck them into the foam. They were very easy to make and looked so cute. I ended up needing a lot more white carnations than I had thought and surprisingly had to go to a few stores to find enough. I can't wait to make these again. 

Haley put this game together for the guests. Each one of these baby items were wrapped, numbered, and guests had to try and guess each item. After the guests guessed Amy opened each item and got to keep them. This was harder than we thought. :)

Instead of a guest book we had guests write cute notes on diapers for Amy to read as she was doing her late night changings.


Lots of gifts!  Our living room was full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment