Thursday, September 5, 2013

A busy few weeks

Well last week I went back to work....it sure is hard to transition from not working to working overtime. I'm not sure why starting school this year has been tougher than it usually is...maybe because I'd rather be on Pinterest looking at house ideas or maybe it's because I started a blog and I'd rather be blogging, or maybe it's because it's just hard to get up early and be on a schedule. Even though it's hard we all know that I do best with schedules and I do love fall so I know it will get better. :) I am taking a break tonight from school work though so that I can write about all of the things we have been up to lately. This is a goal for me...I'm trying not to work later than 5 and not do any school work at home. So far I haven't been completely successful.

Last weekend for Labor Day we were in Chelan with the Piro's and Gordon's and had a great time as always...we spent a lot of time surfing and boating and playing with Haddie of course. The weather was beautiful and we can home with great sun tans. Can't wait to go back in a week for Mandy's wedding.
Great picture of Richie and then myself....I try. I wish I could stay up longer, but at least the falls don't hurt...just a little water up the nose usually. 

The following day, Tuesday morning, I woke up bright and early for the first day of Kindergarten. So far I'm really enjoying my class. I'm not enjoying hearing "teacher, teacher, teacher" all day though. I know that will get better too.
On Tuesday night Richie and I drafted for our couples fantasy football league which really isn't a couples league anymore, it's just Mindy and I, our husbands, and a bunch of guys. :) Then on Wednesday night us girls drafted for our girls league...Powder Puffs. Kim, Mindy and Katlin came over and Kelsey joined us on speaker phone. It was fun... I'm excited for this league even though I still don't know what I'm doing. 

Lastly tonight we went to the lot to see the work they have been doing and it definitely looks like a construction site now...our poor neighbors (i.e. the porta potty). 
And now we have footings. We went to see how the inspection went and it didn't pass because they used the wrong bars for the corners so they have to redo it and inspect again tomorrow. After that they will begin pouring cement. 


It's so neat to see the footprint, but still a little hard to imagine. I can't wait for the day we have walls. 

Well that was a lot of miscellaneous. I'm hoping this football game with be over soon...ready for bed.. SO excited tomorrow is Friday....I'm already looking forward to my Starbucks in the morning and a productive weekend ahead. House cabinets and cleaning on the to do list, oh and the Seahawks of course. 




No comments:

Post a Comment