Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Time to get organized!

I love being home on a Saturday with nothing to do...because I can actually do so many things. :) 
I worked from one project to the next...it was a very productive day.  All of my organizing materials had been set out on the living room floor staring at me for a while now so I decided to dive into the project.
I went to Staples...one of my favorite places to shop. I just love office supplies...it's definitely the teacher in me. I bought a binder, (Martha Stewart of course) some pocket sleeves, a file basket, and an accordion file.

I have been accumulating many magazines and needed to sort through those ideas so I tore out my favorite pages and organized them into similar areas....for example kitchen, bathrooms etc.  I decided to put these clippings into the accordion file. I'm not convinced that I will love this yet but I'm going to give it a try. I think I might like to have these in a binder in clear sleeves but I'll see and can always change it later. That's what being organized is all about....trying it and finding out what works for you. 

In this oh so pretty turquoise binder I'm going to put all of my drawings of room layouts, cabinets, built-ins, notes, etc. I don't have too many of these drawings yet but I know I will. I'm putting all of these papers in these really neat 3 pocket page inserts I found. There is one full page pocket with two other pockets on the front....lots of room for many pages. These pockets also have a cut alongside the hole for easy snap in snap out access so you don't have to open the binder rings every time. 

Here is the file box....we will be keeping all of the not so fun paper work in these files like the budget and permits....the husband's stuff. :) We don't have too many things to go into these files yet either but we will add files as we need them.

And here it all is...in one neat and nice place. 
Behind the files I have the binder, accordion file, and all of my magazines. Now I'm ready to get going on all those other big and fun decisions we have to make like marble, and fixtures, and doors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment