Friday, January 3, 2014

bridesmaids tea party

When I was planning my wedding one of the things I was most excited to do was to host a party for my bridesmaids. I decided to do a tea. I ordered invitations. rented chairs and used my china that my great grandmother had given me. Ever since I was a little girl my great grandmother had always given me a tea cup for birthdays or Christmas. I have quite the collection. When I was younger I always thought....what am I going to do with these....little did I know they would be such a special gift as I got older. 

At each persons seat I put a cupcake with their name in it for their place seating. For the names, I took a piece of tag paper, rolled the ends, dipped the sides in glue and then in silver glitter. I sent the cupcakes home with my guests in a clear bag. 


My girlfriend Amy had previously thrown a tea party shower for me and she made these creative tea towers that I was so happy to reuse for my flowers, I also used old tea tins. I love the soft pink and white colors. 

With the drinks I put some appetizers, and fruit. I also baked biscuits, and scones and made homemade jams. 

On the far table I put desserts. I bought some petite fours, my mom baked mini cherry chip cupcakes (love these), and wedding dress sugar cookies. 

Here is a picture of all of the tea sandwich. I made 6 different kinds. It was probably more than I should have done but they were all wonderful. I was running behind and thankfully my family came early and were a huge help and we got them done just in time. 


I should have taken more close up pictures :) The food was delicious and the table setting turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined.

My bridesmaids Amy and Gena having some champagne. 

My Matron on Honor. 
She had given birth to my god daughter about a week before this. She is a great fiends for taking a few minutes away from her new little one to come to this tea for me. Love her. After the tea I gave the girls their gifts from me (the pink bags behind me), and they picked up their dresses as well. I gave each bridesmaid a Swarovski bracelet (a simple gold chain with a single round colored raspberry crystal), a clutch I had made from Etsy, an embroidered pink tank, a handkerchief with their monogrammed initials, and flip flops. And so now I have to share a few wedding photos of course. :)

The girls in their tanks. :) I love to see this photo again two years later...since this photo from right to left Shannon now has a little boy, Mindy is pregnant with twins, Amy has a little boy, Gena had Elyana, Jackie is married, and Mandy is married and expecting a little boy this spring. Oh such fun times in our lives. 

The clutch. 

The handkerchief. And you can barely see the bracelet. 

What a fun day. I appreciate each and every one of these girls more than they know. It was so fun for me to put on a tea for them to show them how much I love them and how happy I was that they could be there for me on my special day. I know how much work and money it is to be in a wedding and I was very grateful that they could be there. :)

1 comment:

  1. It seems like a fun tea party. It was a good decision that you asked her what she wants. I just got back from best bridal shower party at wedding venues Chicago and captured so many photographs in the party. If you need any party ideas then I can share photographs with you!

    ReplyDelete