Saturday, January 25, 2014

Getting organized in 2014

Well it's the new year and I have a few projects to share...
In December I was writing on my calendar and realized there were weren't any more months left:) yikes...and that I had to get a new calendar. I was immediately not excited about this. I always have a hard time finding a calendar I like. It's either too big, too office like or with dorky colors. So then I had a great idea....why not look on Pinterest and sure enough I found the cutest one that I could download and print for free. Perfect and so easy...I didn't even have to leave the house and go to the store. 

Each month has a different dot color. I punched holes in it and used twine to hang it on the wall. 
You can find it here on Pinterest. 

This next project I've wanted to make for a long time. Another Pinterest project. One thing that I have a hard time with is remembering family members birthdays and when I saw this project on Pinterest I thought it was a great idea. I thought it would also be a great Christmas gift idea for my brother and his wife. So I went to order it from Etsy and it was a little spendy... but then I found that I could order the pieces and paint and put it together myself for a more reasonable price. So that's what I did. I chose these colors below for mine and chose more neutral colors for my brother's....brown, tan, cream, gold. They both turned out really nice.  Now I have no excuse to not remember birthdays. 

Lastly I made a weekly menu board. Another project I've been wanting to do for a while now and yes of course another Pinterest idea. Richie says all the time that Pinterest is costing him all kinds of money and he should write a letter to the person who started it. :) Funny and yes maybe a little true but hey....I think these projects better his life. I found this prefect size cork framed board at the craft store, had the paper, die cut the glitter letters and bought a chalkboard paper. I painted the fame and glued the paper to the cork. Then I cut the chalkboard paper. I punched holes and put silver brads in the holes which I think turned out nice. 

Every Sunday I decide my meals for the week and I usually just write it on the grocery list, then I forget to keep my list or throw it away and forget what I'm going to make so I knew this would come in very handy. Oh and instead of always having to tell Richie what we are having he can just look on the board now. :)

P.S. Do you notice that I like turquoise right now. Such a fun color. 





No comments:

Post a Comment