Sunday, January 26, 2014

Meeting the Doctor

January 13, 2014...10 weeks 4 days
Today we met with our new Dr. and aside from being there for 3 hours we really liked her. The best part was that our ultrasound was great. Babies A and B are growing so much bigger, they have arms and legs and were moving all over the place. It's amazing how much is changing and developing right now and it's so incredible to see these little humans moving around in your body. The Dr. was candid about it and made it feel so special and real. :) I gave blood today for all of the genetic testing and go in next week for another test. We are anxious about this and are just hopeful they are healthy. Once we get these results back we will tell our friends about the news. The Dr. told me that I need to start gaining weight...and it's going to be a little hard. I'm going to sign up for a class about nutrition and multiples...that should help and be fun, especially to meet others.


Since our last appointment two and a half weeks ago there have been so many things I've been thinking about and doing (even though I'm still trying not to get too excited)...

* I've been catching up on my reading.
I downloaded a baby center app, I can't seem to find a good twin one so that's been working okay.
I ordered a prenatal yoga video, have been reading my "What to Expect When Expecting" book and ordered a book about multiples. So much information....I"m trying not to get overwhelmed with it but just keeping up with nutrition, where I'm at in the point of my pregnancy, and how the babies are growing.

* I've been thinking about how to tell my family, close friends, the world (Facebook) and my co-workers.There are so many fun ideas and of course I have pinned a million of them. My moms birthday is right around our 12 week mark so I think I will share the news with them then. I will have mom bake a cake and decorate it saying that we are having twins I'll share pictures of course in another post. I would love to have my close friends over for dinner and do everything in doubles. Maybe tacos....two kinds of meat, cheeses, chips, onions etc. then share the news. The part that I'm most excited about is having a few pictures taken. I'm going to ask a friend who is an amazing photographer to take a few for us to post on Facebook. I think I will do a Valentine theme. I want to do the hands in heart shape around the belly, one with onsies, and a feet picture (of course so I can wear my pink Christian Louboutins :)). I think I will put these pics into a Valentine card and send it out to our friends and families. (I know that Richie will love this idea the most :)...I will have to think of a creative way to get him excited about it.  Here is my inspiration...
I love the booties and will definitely have to find me some of those....the heart on belly....adorable except I will definitely have a shirt on :)....and love the brick and red heart onsies.




Talked with work about my leave options. So weird to think I will pack up my classroom in June and not go back....kind of sad....but don't get me wrong SO exciting.

We are getting our loan put into place so we can get our house finished by the time the babies come. We are on the fast track now... I can't imagine giving birth and moving in the same month but a new house and new babies sound just amazing to me.

I've been looking at a few products. Ya know double strollers, cribs, belly bands...oh the things I need to start learning about....there are so many of them.

And I bought the cutest journal to keep my everything baby in.... questions, weight, pregnancy moments, and anything else I can think of until the babies come then it will be all baby...feeding times, nap times etc.
This cover couldn't be any more perfect...right?!  SO crazy good. :) And I love my husband dearly for making it all happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment